Having recently relocated its head office to align with its new transport operating centre at Village Farm Industrial Estate, Pyle, the firm has successfully achieved accreditation from Safecontractor; a leading third party accreditation scheme which recognises very high standards in health and safety management amongst UK contractors.
Employing 15 staff, Trojan-Mek is principally involved in the manufacturing sector, undertaking plant and machinery relocation projects across the UK for production and engineering customers including GE Aviation, The Royal Mint and TRW Automotive.
The company's application for SafeContractor accreditation was driven by the need for a uniform standard across the business.
Colin Watkins, Managing Director, Trojan-Mek Limited, said,
"We have taken a number of key steps in recent months to improve our business operations and services to customers.
Now receiving SafeContractor accreditation means we are in a great position to assure further confidence in our Health and Safety practices, from a stronger base at our newly located headquarters."
Trojan-Mek recently completed a turnkey relocation project for Europe's largest gift-wrap manufacturer, International Greetings (UK) Ltd, moving and installing precision printing machinery at the firm's Penallta Industrial Estate, South Wales factory.
Angelo Andriola, Engineering and Facilities Manager, International Greetings (UK) Ltd, said,
"Congratulations to Trojan-Mek on achieving their SafeContractor status. This is confirmation of the attitude to Health and Safety that their team have demonstrated over the years working with us on a number of projects. Whether it be a small machinery move or the recent factory relocation, health and safety has always been at the forefront of their methodology and we look forward to working with them in the future."
For further information please contact Sophie Watkins-Morgan on 07850 648 269 or email Sophie@trojanmek.co.uk
- Trojan-Mek Ltd provides specialist machine and factory moving, relocation and installation services to the UK manufacturing industry, as well as commercial HIAB Haulage and Hire services.
- The company is headquartered in Pyle, South Wales, and was founded in 2004 by co-directors Colin Watkins and Leighton Price.
- It operates across all major manufacturing sectors including automotive, aerospace, engineering, packaging, plastics, electronics, medical, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, working with customers throughout the UK and overseas.
- Trojan-Mek Ltd is a registered member of the Freight Transport Association (FTA) and is Alcumus SafeContrcator accredited.
- In 2014 (and 2008), Trojan-Mek was listed in the Western Mail 'Fast Growth 50' Awards, being recognised as one of the fastest growing firms in Wales.