The Welsh Automotive Forum (WAF) is a company limited by guarantee and is a subsiduary of Industry Wales. It has a Board of Directors and Tim Williams is the Chief Executive.
- China's Arcfox will present SUV concept in Geneva
- Skoda offers glimpse of upcoming small SUV
- BMW, Mercedes could develop compact cars together, paper says
- 'Catastrophic' Brexit scenario looms larger
- Ghosn offers stock, passports for bail
- Alliance partners turn up the heat on Ghosn
- Ford rethinks Level 3 autonomy
- Tesla gets approval to start delivering Model 3 in Europe
- France downplays a Renault-Nissan merger
- Fisker aims to offer $40,000 EV by 2021
Meet the Team
After an engineering career with Williams Holdings Plc, which consisted of foundry and precision engineering companies, Tim was appointed in 1999 as Chief Executive of the Welsh Automotive Forum, which represents the interests of the automotive (manufacturing) sector in Wales which consists of 150 companies, 20,000 people with a combined turnover of £3bn.
Our man of letters is automotive journalist Robin Roberts, who updates the members’ news service on a daily basis and edits our newsletters. A career in journalism has seen him extensively travel around the world covering automotive news and product events, interviewing industry leaders and researching topical articles.
Robert has operated within the global automotive sector for more than 20 years at leading multi-national organisations. Encompassing senior positions specialising in plant logistics management, Robert worked for Robert Bosch which included a four-year international assignment in Austria. On repatriation, Robert joined Tenneco Walker based in Merthyr and Tredegar to head up their plant logistics operation. In September 2017, Robert joined the team at the Welsh Automotive Forum providing the ideal opportunity to diversify within the sector and understand the association with extended supply chain, academia and Government. Originally from Port Talbot, Robert graduated to Masters level from the European Business Management School at Swansea University